In September 1781 King Carlos III approved design and construction.It was conceived as a blacksmith for the Navy. It occupies a large rectangle, orientado toward the E-, with 101 m. and length 26 m. width; at its eastern end is attached to another, as a cross hammer, the whole constituting a magnificent building.
The property has 2 bodies, both covered with very solid vaults on 132 arches of Ashlar masonry. The first larger divided in 3 longitudinal naves separated by arches on thick square pillars and covered by vaults section. In this place were the forges. It was the thick works and hammer. Had some 32 fraguas y en el medio cuatro muy grandes para composición de anclas.Trabajaron en este obrador unos 144 operators. In four of the sections of the nave are housed 2 courtyards with 2 water wells for use of the building.
The second body is a rectangle divided into smaller 2 transverse ships for obrador and Foundry. This body went to locksmith and farolería and had their forges in the back of the building. Notably, the forges were so well constructed that the smoke never bothered workers. We are facing an industrial building of the eighteenth century where they came to work 386 people.
With its restoration and rehabilitation, from year 2001, he tried it on returning value to its original structure, built 1781. With the recreation of one of his forges approaches the visitor to perceive the manufacturing environment that was a blacksmith of these characteristics.
- In 1781 King Carlos III approves the design and construction.
- In 1850 the building was used as workshop practices by students of the School of Machinists Navy.
- In 1920 is conditioned to accommodate the School of Machinists Armada.
- In 1988 School ends his dedication to being machines use the warehouse.
After several years and much negotiation, in 2001, restoration and rehabilitation works begin. & nbsp; & nbsp; Finally in the year,es 2008 works will end up becoming the Museum of Naval Construction , that inauguran SS M. Kings day 10 March,and turn Exponav Foundation headquarters.